All this to say a Happy Belated St. Paddy’s Day. This fellow was sporting a grand green chapeau for the green holiday at the rod and gun club my parents belong to. We were there the day before St. Paddy’s and I had a dish that was chicken with a fabulous artichoke and spinach sauce on it!
- Since I am looking at photos from the cell phone, I might as well include this one…we had gone to Tractor Supply and as Mark was talking to me, I could hear the tiniest little “peeps” calling out. Well, I knew just where to look! (I love this time of the year when these little peeps are made available)
- The chicks were just called “Pullets” and the ducks…well, “Ducks”!
- Let’s see….
- Yesterday, we went for a little ride in the woods on the ATV’s. We had a slight tragedy in that my little Panasonic camera is no more. It went for a big tumble down into a ravine and ended up in the water (all the while in its case). The camera has a metal case and wound up with n’ary a dent in it! Mark is trying to revive it, but…well…I am saddened as that camera literally went everywhere with me. It was small enough to tuck into a pocket and helped me sneak some photos where I could never have gotten away with the big Nikons.
- Today, my dad went in an got a shot of cortisone to help with some wicked pain in his back. He has been suffering for a long time and his doctor recommended getting the shot to give him some relief! I talked to my mom tonight and she told me my dad is doing quite well and feeling better! I am so happy, as he has not been able to do projects and things like he normally does. Many years ago, I had a cortisone shot administered in my knee. I had had surgery to remove a cyst from the muscle behind my knee and afterward, my knees both swelled up and hurt so badly, I could barely walk. The doctor got tired of my complaining, so he gave me a shot, telling me it would “only” last about six months. That was thirty-some years ago and I never had pain like that in my knees since. I hope my dad’s results are as great as mine were!
- On another happy note, Mark and I made a quick run to Naples today and as we passed by Woodville, I spotted an eagle in “the tree”! (the one where I took all my eagle photos!) There was also a flock(?) gaggle (?) of Buffhead Ducks swimming near the shore until I got out of the truck. They are so beautiful with their black and white markings…very striking!